Shelter Mountain Robyn Carr (Virgin River Book 2)

I am reading two books at the same time.  Light of my heart is by book for my breaks while I am at work.  Shelter Mountain is my book for home.  After I get home from work, I like to read a chapter before going to bed.

Since her books are from this site www.manybooks4u.net/author/4024.html

I have them downloaded on my phone.  Even though this site is mobile phone friendly, it is still hard on 
my eyes and can only read a chapter or two at a time.  Okay, I know this site is most likely a piracy site and I 
really should be either paying for my books or getting them from the library, I am trying to save money on
books whenever I can.  With the exception of a few books, I only will read them once.  I spend money on
books only if I can't find them free (I do go book shopping a lot at garage sales).  All the Virgin river books are
not on this site, so I will have to buy some if I decide to continue with the series.  There are times,
however, when I read something for free and decide one of my daughters might like the series.
Then I will buy the books for them for a Christmas present.  For this series, I don't think either of them will
be interested in Virgin River.  Even though this series deals mostly with romance, I like the setting.

In this book a new character is introduced.  Her name is Paige and she is a battered wife running from
her abusive husband.  She is running to a shelter and gets lost during a rainstorm and ends up in
Virgin River.  She meets John "Preacher" who is a supporting character in the first book and is the 
main male character in this one.  (I am only on chapter 4  and am suspecting that the two will  fall in love.

The good thing about this book and possibly future ones is they seem to be books that you can read as
stand alone.  Robyn Carr does an excellent job in not leaving loose ends where the reader will be 
confused.  Even though characters from previous books are in this book, she gives enough of a description 
of them-it is like she reintroduces them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Its has been a while.

Finished Dragons of Winter Night

Reading Book Series