Reading Book Series

Whenever I read a series, I try to read all of the books within a certain time frame.  That way when I get to the last book in the series, I will sort of remember what went on in the first books.

One series I finished two years ago was The Left Behind Series by Tim LeHaye and Jerry Jenkins.  There are something like 16 books in that series and I started reading them as they came out-the first book was published in 1995.  I had read all but the last four books in the series and ran into a bit of a financial slump and was several years before I was able to buy them.  However, since some time had passed, I decided to read the books from the beginning.  Some may think it is a waste of time re-reading a book.  But I had no qualms about it and found them just as enjoyable.

I also did the same with the Harry Potter Series.  When I got The Deathly Hallows, I decided to read the other books again.  It took me about a year, since I usually have two to three books going on at the same time.

Some recent series I have completed (in no certain order) include
Twilight-Stephanie Meyers
Divergent-Veronica Roth
Matched-Ally Condie
50 Shades of Grey-E. L. James
Percy Jackson and the Olympians-Rick Riordan
The Fred Series-Brad Whittington
The Wormling Series--Jerry Jenkins and Chris Fabry


Sometimes I might start a series but cannot get into it.  One example is Dune by Frank Herbert.  Nothing against this series because I prefer fantasy over science fiction.  I might try this again some time in the future.

Right now I am trying the Virgin River series by Robyn Carr.  Right now there are 20 books in this series and will try to read a book a month.  I could probably knock them out faster-like a book a week, but I want to leave room for some other books.  Right now I am halfway through the first book and it is going good.  However, it is romance and I have never been too much into this genre and if the future books are more or less identical, I might give up on this.

If you are interested in reading any of the books in the Virgin River Series you can read them for free @ http://www.manybooks4u.net/author/4024.html



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Its has been a while.

Rereading Dragons of Spring Dawning