My Real Next Read

Light of My Heart by Ginny Aiken is my next read.  It is book one of the Silver Hills Trilogy.  Not really sure why I said Head in the Clouds-but that will be for a future read.  Well, what do you know?  It is another romance.  However, I really like this book since it not all cliche.

It is set in the late 1800s.  Letty, the main female character who is around 23 years old, decided to be a doctor in Philadelphia.  However, in this backwards time period, she is unsuccessful in running a clinic since people look down at their noses at her since she is in a man's profession.  Even her mother criticized her saying that a woman at her age should be married and have children.  I am so thankful that times have changed.  My sister is a doctor.  I work in manufacturing-something that men only did at one time.  I served time in the military.

Well, back to the story.  A pregnant woman goes into labor and the sister runs to get her because she has complications.  The woman's husband refuses to let Letty take care of her and tells her to get out of the house.  Both the woman and baby die because of this husband's chauvinism.

Letty comes across a letter (illegally?) that is looking for a female physician for a silver mining town in Colorado.  She applies for the job and gets it.  There the people are welcoming towards her and the man she meets, Eric, is the one who looked for the physician.  It seems that he did it to condone for the death of his wife and infant son since she had complications during delivery and had wanted a female to tend to her.  He is afraid to fall in love again since he is afraid of losing someone else.

It is a very fast read and am about halfway through it.  You can get this book (not sure how long) for free through Amazon.  I already plan t buy the next two books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Book Series

Its has been a while.

Rereading Dragons of Spring Dawning