Reflections on DOAT

I just finished Dragons of Autumn Twilight.  It took me less than a month to read it.  Back in the day, this would have taken me a couple of days.  But now I might read only on my breaks at work and that is what I did with this book.  I sometimes want to strangle people.  I sit down to read my book while eating my lunch or snacks.  People should realize that I want to do my own thing on my breaks and not have to listen to the gossip.  Get the hint!  If I am not responding, I am reading my book!  Go sit somewhere else!

Okay, now that I got that off my chest, I want to discuss another hidden Christian message, if tha is what the authors intended.  This story takes place 300 years after a catyclism, some event that destroyed the world and allowed evil to take over.  In the Bible, humanity is going to go through seven years of tribulation.  Midway through this time period, the anti-christ gets killed.  However, he comes to life being indwelled by the devil.  The second half of this tribulations is going to be worse tha the first half.

With the first book in the dragonlance story, since 300 years have passed when men felt that the gods had turned against them, could it be possible that this series is going to reflect the Biblical tribulation.  There is the Queen of darkness and Paldine the King of Light-who is disguised as an old fuddled wizard.  The main leader of the quess of darkness in Verminnard.  He is similar to the anti-christ because he tells people lies and they fall for them and some even believe in him even after the dragons destroy their homes.  The same is going to happen during the Biblical tribulation.  many people are going to fall for the enemy's lies and he will turn many from God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Book Series

Its has been a while.

Rereading Dragons of Spring Dawning